Goal Statement:

1. Fluidity of reading: Currently, I have difficulty translating what I see into speech even though I recognize all of the individual hiragana. By using games like KanaMind and WaniKani for twenty to thirty minutes a day, I will improve my recognition of kana and kanji.

2. Natural speech recognition and reproduction: As a non-native speaker, it is hard for me to parse a series of syllables at conversational speed and recognize them as discrete words. I will shadow a scene from an anime once a week and attend a Japanese language table once every two weeks for conversational practice with other learners.

3. Intonation: Some of the subtleties of intonation are lost on me. I will converse with native speakers and advanced learners and incorporate their corrections whenever possible.

Comments

  1. One of my goals was also to improve my fluidity of reading Japanese! I hadn't even thought of the idea that there could be games to help improve my skills...I will most definitely try these games out...

    Thanks for posting!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

好きな季節